- What is a health and safety training passport?
It is a passport that allows you access to a passport-controlled work environment.
- What does the SPA passport scheme offer me?
It offers a practical grounding in health and safety awareness training, allowing you to prove your basic health and safety ‘credentials’. As a Passport holder, you will add value to your core trade skills.
- How long does the training take?
The training is delivered over one or two days. The core day is common to all industries and forms the first day of the training. The second day, if required, covers health and safety issues specific to a certain industry.
- How long does the training last?A robust, secure plastic passport photocard is issued within 15 working days of SPA receiving the paperwork. The passport features your photograph, name, personalised identification number and course(s) undertaken with expiry date(s). This information is printed using a process which embeds the dye in the card – similar to the new UK driving licence and then coated with a ‘holocote’ finish to ensure the Passport is tamper-proof.
- Where can I do the training and how much does it cost?
SPA approves training providers who are based around the country to deliver the training. A list of approved training providers can be obtained from the Passport team. You will need to discuss prices, dates and venues with the training provider you select.
- I can’t open the PDF documents on this site?
You will need Adobe Reader to open the files. It is free and you can download it here:
Contact us for more information